London Museums Group – Committee vacancies
London Museums Group (LMG) represents all London museums and those who work in them. It is open to paid workers, volunteers and freelancers, from curators and cafe staff to directors and documentation assistants.
What do we do?
● We represent and champion all museums in London and the people who work in them. We are the Museums Federation for London.
● The London Museums Group is a peer-to-peer help network.
● We encourage career development and offer a forum for developing creative approaches to different challenges facing the sector.
● We help you keep in touch with colleagues in the sector and run regular skills sharing and networking events.
● LMG welcomes members from museums, galleries, heritage sites, archives, libraries and associated museum institutions.
● We work closely with the London Museum Development, which provides a programme funded by Arts Council England (ACE) to support and advise museums in London.
The LMG Committee
The LMG Committee consists of twelve committee members including five officers:
All terms are for three years and committee members can stand for up to two terms. All committee members volunteer their time to the London Museums Group.
There are currently two committee member vacancies.
2 x Ordinary Committee Member (Events Coordinator)
These roles would be suitable for someone wishing to gain experience of events management in the museum sector.
Joining LMG committee is a great opportunity for someone to continue to grow their career and expand their networks. There will be opportunities to learn from a coach/mentor, take responsibility for key projects and express yourself creatively. You will also help steer the organisation, support and inform its strategic direction, and its operational activities. You will be someone who:
● enjoys organising events.
● loves to connect with others in the sector.
● can organise and host regular events to grow our membership.
● works closely with colleagues to develop events for LMG.
● collaborates with the digital lead and social media coordinators to publicise and promote events.
● manages and motivates contributions from industry peers.
● is analytical, reporting on event activity and audience growth.
The events team will meet bimonthly to discuss the events strategy, and the schedule for hosting our webinars or in-person events.
The LMG committee meets once every three months; committee meetings usually take place mid-afternoon on a weekday. Meetings last two hours and the committee decides collectively the most convenient place, date, and time for future meetings.
LMG delivers at least two museum and workforce support/networking events a year. The Chair and the events sub-committee will attend these events, and most other committee members attend these if they can.
LMG welcomes applications from anyone working or volunteering in or for the museums sector in London. We are committed to increasing the number of committee members from underrepresented groups, including but not limited to those from the ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and young museum professionals.
Please download the application pack from https://www.londonmuseumsgroup.org/ and submit your application to email@example.com by 21:00 GMT on Sunday 7th Nov 2021.