London Museums Group represents all London museums and those who work in them. It is open to paid workers, volunteers, freelancers from curators and cafe staff to directors and documentation assistants. If you work in a museum or your museum is based in the London region then you’re welcome to join us. Membership is free!
What do we do?
- The London Museums Group is a peer to peer help network.
- We represent and champion all museums in London and the people who work in them. We are the Museums Federation for London.
- We encourage career development and offer a forum for developing creative approaches to difficult issues facing the sector.
- We can help you keep in touch with people in similar jobs or with similar issues in other museums and run regular skills sharing and networking events.
- LMG welcomes members from museums, galleries, heritage sites, archives, libraries and associated museum institutions.
- We work closely with the Regional Museum Development Team at the Museum of London, which provides a programme funded by Arts Council England (ACE) of support and advice for museums in London.